2019年5月5日 星期日

Actually I don't like to read the literary novel!!

 I am the person that doesn't love to read the literary novel until we have the course Western Literature. Those books that I was not really interested in it until the professor introduces in class. Today I am going to introduce the novel Pride and Prejudice. I am really into this story so I want to share with you guys again.

Pride and Prejudice is the story in the early 19th century in England, and in the Bennet family, which has five very different sisters. All of them have different characteristics. Mrs. Bennet is anxious to see all her daughters get married, because of the family estate is going to be inherited by William Collins when Mr. Bennet died. At a ball, the wealthy guy Charles Bingley arrived. And takes an immediate interest in the eldest Bennet daughter, the most beautiful daughter Jane. The encounter between Darcy and Elizabeth is not so friendly. Although Austen shows them are curious about each other, she reverses the convention of first impressions. Because of the different family of them. Darcy is wealthy and full of knowledge. Although Elizabeth has the bad impress at Darcy at first sight, as time goes by she knows that Darcy is not really a snobbish man. He is really kind.

And that the  Collins subsequently came, and hoping to marry one of the Bennet sisters. He looks up Jane first. At Jane love others already. Then he wants to marry Elizabeth. However, refuses his offer of marriage, and he instead to go married her friend Charlotte Lucas. During this time, Elizabeth encounters the other guy George Wickham, a military officer. There is a mutual attraction between the two of them. Darcy saw Lucas want to go near Elizabeth, he was really angry. 
After Bingley abruptly goes to London, Elizabeth’s dislike of Darcy more as she becomes convinced that he is discouraging Bingley’s relationship with Jane. But in the end, Elizabeth knows that all of this is misunderstanding so she accepts Darcy and receives his love. With these revelations, Elizabeth begins to see Darcy in a different way.

1 則留言:

  1. As well as you, I don't like to read literary books, until this semester professor talked about those famous modern library books. You've pretty clearly introduced the book Pride and Prejudice. Maybe next time talk about your reflection about the topic would be greater. Let me understand much information about the book, also could introduce some book background.

    回覆刪除